Ever hear the expression, "Never get a second chance to make a first impressions". This is true of your home. Your home could have the most amazing state of the art kitchen, or gorgeous hardwood floors......but no one would know that. Wanna know why, because its either one of two things. Your front yard is overrun by old leaves and grub eaten grass or there's nothing to entice the average buyer to wanna see more.
Curb appeal is so important, but is often overlooked. There are some simple tips to improving the outside of your home.
- Try to cleaning up the yard, removing all yard debris (dead leaves, old tires, etc).
- Power wash your home, and wash those windows. Even old windows look great when they glisten.
- Clean out those flower beds, and replace with fresh bark mulch.
- Try repainting the front door a vibrant color.
- Not many buyers like those gnomes or pink flamingoes, so pack them away.
- The goal is to make your home look inviting as possible, so make relaxing areas. If you have lawn furniture spruce it up with some spray paint and new cushions.
- Throw out some grass seed, and restain your porch.
If you do these things, a buyer won't just drive by. They'll stop take down the number on the sign, and before you know it they'll be making an offer.